Thursday, 24 December 2009

'Twas the Night Before Christmas -- 2009

From The American Spectator

'Twas the night before Christmas and at the White House;
Our Commander was sleeping, and so was his spouse.
They'd gone to bed early to ward off the blues;
In hopes that the new year would bring them good news.

Progressives were snuggled, asleep safe and warm;
While dreaming of government health care reform.
But I in my doldrums, and sleepless with fears;
Had just nodded off with a couple of beers.

When out of my TV there came such a clatter;
I put down my brewski to check out the natter.
Away to the boob tube I flew in a flash;
To watch a discussion of ill-gotten cash.

The smoke in the backroom was blowing quite thick;
And I thought that my poor mind was playing a trick;
When what to my sleep-deprived eyes should appear
But a panel of Democrats looking severe!

With a little old leader so ready to plead;
I knew in a moment it was Harry Reid.
More rapid than eagles his supplicants came
When he wined them and dined them and called them by name:
Now Sanders, Now Landrieu, Now Ben from Nebraska;
We'll give you the bridge that we scotched in Alaska!
To the chamber to vote;
Where we plan to play ball;
It's cash today, cash today, cash for you all!

As wobblers who'll alter their views so they'll jibe,
when they meet with a party that's eager to bribe;
So on went the plan to bewitch and bewilder
By paying the requisite pieces of silver.

And then in a twinkling, I heard in my room;
A voice that would fill any patriot with gloom.
As I peered through the darkness I saw with great dread
St. Hillary appear at the foot of my bed.

She was dressed in a trench coat, the collar up high;
And she wore a mischievous gleam in her eye.
A pair of dark glasses were perched on her head;
And she grinned as she pictured the glory ahead.

Her eyes--how they sparkled! Her manner--how airy!
As she thought of the treachery cooked up for Harry.
Her droll little mouth was stretched out in a smile;
And her angelic look gave no hint of her guile.

A tiny black book she held tight in her hand;
And she grinned like a bandit while hatching her plan.
She had a bright look and her cheeks grew so rosy
As she started to write down the deals of Pelosi.

She noted with glee the attempted extortion;
The cash to vote cloture and fold on abortion.
With a wink of her eye in the midst of my dream;
I realized that she'd let me in on her scheme.

She hoped that the papers would swallow the bait;
That they'd never suspect came from mistress of State.
She merrily felt that Obama was toast;
As she faxed all the dirt to the Washington Post.

She sprang to her feet, from my room she went winging;
And my joy was so full that I felt just like singing!
And I heard her exclaim, as my eyes welled with tears,
"Happy Christmas Barack, I'll be back in three years."

No comments: