Monday, 23 November 2009

Europe v. Christ , King & Covenant

I am continually amazed by the way that modern "Scottish" nationalists are so in thrall to the ways of the European Community/Super-state .

I was brought up to be a Scottish nationalist and a British patriot and I loathe this feeble , anti-Christian , anti-Scottish/British institution .

Those who currently describe themselves as "Scottish Nationalists" , far too often , seem to despise the only true Scottish Nation there is -The Covenanted Nation of Scotland , as affirmed in the National Covenant , the Solemn League and Covenant , the Lanark declaration and the declaration of Sanquahar .

No doubt they will be overjoyed at the news that European tyranny has instructed us to change our laws to place the disgusting practices of Sodom above The L--d's Blessed Evangel .

Archbishop Cranmer has the full story . (Yes , I know , No Bishops).



God's people are crying out for The Truth openly to be told .


Time for this , perhaps ?

6 comments:

Dark Lochnagar said...

Oli, I loathe the EC and I wanto to see an independent Scotland, out of the EC and with the Queen as head of state if voted for.

The Young Oligarch said...

If I thought you were one of the counter-cultural SNP I wouldn't read your blog , DL .

I don't know about electing the King of Scots , though . Sounds a daft idea to me .

Why not just have an elected Regent ? HM will be spending most of her time south of the border anyway .

Dark Lochnagar said...

Yes, Oli but the King of Scots has always been a different entity from the King of England. We can get rid of them if we don't like them. That is enshrined in the treaty of Arbroath. We even telt the Pope about it!

Goodnight Vienna said...

I see lots of constitutional problems arising from having the Queen, currently head of 'the United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland' when/if the Union is broken up - not least because there will no longer be a Great Britain.

I'm not Scottish but if I were, I think I'd opt for the First Minister as Head of State - at least he'd have executive powers and been elected.

The Young Oligarch said...

We did that in 1689 with the Claim of Right , DL . Our current constitutional arrangements stem from that .
The man deposed was both the King of Scots and the King of England , as was his successor .

I can find no example of the Scottish succession being decided in the manner which you describe . If it had been the case , James VII would have been wending his way to St.Germain-en-Laye much sooner than he actually did .

The Declaration of Arbroath's passage on this was designed merely to delegitimise the claim of the former King , John Balliol's, family to the throne , and so make Bruce the sole claimant .

The subsequent transfer of power was a fairly run-of-the-mill medieval procession of murder , assassination and death in battle .

No sign of "the People" .

PS . I think I'm right in saying that the Declaration was to convince the Pope of Rome of the Bruce case . The Pope of Avignon , pet Pontiff of our French "allies" , didn't need such exhortation .

The Young Oligarch said...

I think my suggestion of an elected Regent , who may or may not be the First Minister , obviates any such problems , GV .

If the SNP turn into de Valera's Sein Fein I'll be first to the barricades to stop them , but the example of Ireland in the 20's is worth recalling .

George V remained King of Ireland , as did George VI , even after the formation of the Irish Republic .